Wanted to share a few photos from one of my favorite walks around town. The coast is beautiful in the winter! The water is calm, the mountains are covered in snow, and birds fill the shoreline. Can you believe that pink flamingos live here in the winter? I always thought that they were a tropical bird but obviously that was misconception! There are hundreds of them along the coast, along with swans, ducks, and many other species of birds. If the birds can survive the winter weather in Patagonia, then I will be just fine :)
Most of my time is spent studying spanish, going for walks around town, reading, exercising, and cooking. Each day that passes brings a little more daylight with it, but the nights are still very long. Although it is snowing today, the temperature is not terribly cold and it's still comfortable to go for a walk along the coast. I wonder if the flamingos will be out today?
No comments:
Post a Comment