I ventured off to Chilean Patagonia in December of 2010. Less than two months after my return to the United States, I purchased a one way ticket back to South America. I quit my job and sold my belongings with the hope of pursuing the happiness and simplicity discovered on my initial journey. And so the adventure continues...
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Going South
I've spent the last week hanging around Santiago, climbing with friends, and preparing for the big move to Puerto Natales. My flight is not until Tuesday morning, but I need to spend the next few days packing and preparing my gear to be shipped via truck. One thing I've realized since arriving in South America it that I brought way too much shit with me. It's mostly gear for climbing and mountaineering, which I will use once I'm in Natales, although lugging it around the city is a gigantic pain in the ass. It will be a huge relief to buy this infamous blue barrel, pack my gear, and send it off on the long road south. On top of that, I came down with the flu Thursday night, so I spent the last 36 hours trying to rest and recover my strength. I suppose it's just part of the deal when you're traveling and I should have expected to be ill at some point, but that doesn't really make it any easier when it hits you. I am feeling a bit better today but I think it's time to head back to the house for some soup and an afternoon nap. Hopefully the next blog post will be from Natales and I'll be feeling strong and healthy again. Until then, big hugs for all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Feel better T and looking forward to the next post :) love to you lady!
ReplyDelete