Seven months ago I visited the most beautiful place and I felt a peace that I had never known. Since then, I've worked so hard to return to that place...to that feeling of peace. I quit the best job that I've ever had, I sold most of belongings, and I left the friends and family that I love so much. I made the choice to change my life, completely, so that I could discover more about the person I want to be. And here I am, in the middle of nowhere at the bottom of the world...feeling more peaceful than ever. Sending lots of love and hugs from Natales :)
I ventured off to Chilean Patagonia in December of 2010. Less than two months after my return to the United States, I purchased a one way ticket back to South America. I quit my job and sold my belongings with the hope of pursuing the happiness and simplicity discovered on my initial journey. And so the adventure continues...
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Hola de Puerto Natales!!!
I arrived in Natales last night and I could not be happier! The air is brisk and fresh, the mountains have a blanket of snow, and my house has heat! More than anything else, I'm so happy to have a space to call my own. It's such a relief to unpack my bag and know that I don't have to pack it again tomorrow morning. Don't get me wrong, I love this traveling gig but it can be exhausting at times. Even when I was staying in Santiago, I never felt completely safe or comfortable. It was always a big event to travel across the city alone, being the blonde girl and all. I constantly had to be aware of my surroundings, so there is never really a time to take the big breath of relaxation. I had to sacrifice so many amazing photos because I was nervous about taking my camera with me while I was alone in the city. It was an amazing experience and I learned so many things, but now I can finally take that long, relaxing breathe of fresh air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful! Enjoy this feeling, may it never leave you for too long.
ReplyDelete