We stayed in San Marcos Sierras for a couple of days before heading north. Katja and I hitch-hiked over 500 km in two days to reach the small town of Cafayate. Cafayate sits in the middle of a desert valley, surrounded by huge mounains. We traveled through salt deserts, small towns filled with fields of sugar cane, and canyons that looked like jungles. It was absolutely beautiful! One night we stayed in Tafi del Valle, which is a quaint little mountain town that sits next to a huge lake. We bought some delicious cheese and salami to accompany the amazing wine from the area. I bought two bottles of the most incredible Malbec for only $12! Life in Argentina is very affordable, to say the least...especially when you hitch-hike. Now I know that some of you are thinking that I´m crazy, but it was totally safe with the two of us together. All of the people that picked us up were so kind, and we never waited more than 30 minutes for a ride. Go figure :)
So all is well in my world. The weather is turning a bit colder every day, but the sun still makes for beautiful days in Cafayate. I´m not sure of my plan, but I think I will head back towards Santiago de Chile in the next few days. Until next time...big hugs and lots of love to all!!!
Tara-
ReplyDeleteWe missed you at the bridal shower and bachelorette party on the 25th! Hope all is well!!
Awesome Tara. Love ready about your adventures!
ReplyDelete