I ventured off to Chilean Patagonia in December of 2010. Less than two months after my return to the United States, I purchased a one way ticket back to South America. I quit my job and sold my belongings with the hope of pursuing the happiness and simplicity discovered on my initial journey. And so the adventure continues...
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Time is flying by...
The days are flying by so quickly and I can't believe that I left the U.S. over four months ago. It's crazy when you think about it. Still, everything is going amazing for me in Puerto Natales. It turns out that the money I donated to the Patagonia Foundation in April was never used for anything, so they have given the money back to me. I've spent the last week meeting people and starting a project for cleaning the beaches in Natales. This was actually my dream when I decided to move Patagonia...I wanted to make a difference somehow. And now, here I am, starting a program with the businesses and schools in Natales to help the environment. It's going to be a lot of work, but it's all going to be worth it in the end. I'll post another blog when I have more of a concrete plan, but I don't have much time right now. Sorry for the short update but I figure it's better than nothing :) Big hugs and lots of love from Patagonia!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment